Netflix today announced that, based on feedback from its members, it has launched new, improved controls on its service to help parents, guardians and elders make the right viewing decisions for their families. Parents can now:
· PIN protect individual profiles to prevent kids from using them;
· Tailor their kids’ Netflix experience by filtering out titles that are not appropriate for their age;
· Remove individual series or films by title. When this filter is used, the blocked title(s) won’t show up anywhere in that profile;
· Easily review each profile’s setting using the “Profile and Parental Controls” hub within account settings;
· See what their kids have been watching within the profile created for them; and
· Turn off auto play of episodes in kids profiles.
These controls can be added to the Netflix profile by going to account settings on a laptop or a mobile browser.
Michelle Parsons, Kids Product Manager, Netflix said, “Choice and control have always been important for our members, especially parents. We hope that these improved controls will help parents make the right choices for their families.”
“The Family Online Safety Institute believes that online safety is everyone’s concern – from kids to grandparents. Netflix’s parental controls give parents and families the ability to shape the experience they want their kids to have on Netflix, and help keep them safe,” said Stephen Balkam, Founder & CEO, Family Online Safety Institute.
Recognizing that every family is different and to give them more viewing choices, Netflix is investing in a wide variety of kids and family films and TV shows from all over the world, including award-winning animated films like Klaus, interactive shows like Carmen Sandiego: To Steal or Not to Steal and kids’ series such as Boss Baby. The Indian kids series Mighty Little Bheem is the most-watched preschool series on Netflix globally, and the second-most watched kids’ series for Netflix worldwide. Since its launch in April 2019, Mighty Little Bheem has been watched by over 27 million households worldwide, including in Latin America, Australi