Xiaomi, India’s number 1 smartphone and Smart TV brand today announced that it has sold over 12 million Xiaomi devices in one month during festive sales period – from 28th September till 29th October, 2019. This translates to a massive 40% YoY growth over last year’s festive sales for Xiaomi. This growth comes from a very huge base of over 8.5 Million devices sold last year, when Xiaomi was already the largest brand in the country.
Xiaomi devices include Xiaomi smartphones, Mi TVs, Mi Ecosystem and Accessory products that were sold across mi.com, Mi Home, Flipkart, Amazon and all offline partner stores.
● Xiaomi sold over 8.5 million smartphones during this period.
● This translates into 37% YoY growth in smartphone sales
● It is one of the highest number of smartphones sold by any brand in India, within the one month duration
● Redmi Note 7 series was the best selling series
● On Amazon, almost all the best sellers were Xiaomi phones. For example during the main Diwali sale, 9 out of the top 10 selling phones on Amazon were Xiaomi phones.
● Redmi 7 and Redmi 7A were the best selling budget smartphones on Amazon
(2) Mi TVs
● Xiaomi also sold over 600,000 Mi TVs during this period.
● This translates into 48% YoY growth in Mi TV sales
● The total smart TV industry is estimated to be around 400,000 / month**, while Xiaomi sold more than 600,000 smart TVs within one month
● Mi TV was the highest-selling TV on both Amazon and Flipkart
(3) Ecosystem products
● Xiaomi also sold over 3 million Mi Ecosystem products and accessories
● This translates into 42% YoY growth for the category.
● Mi Band(s) were the bestsellers in the Wearable category on Amazon
● Mi Power Banks were the bestsellers in the power banks category on Amazon
● Mi Air Purifier 2S was the #1 bestseller in the Air Purifier category on Amazon
● Newly launched Mi Smart Water Purifier was sold out within minutes of starting the sale
At the beginning of the festive period, Xiaomi announced having sold more than 5.3 million Xiaomi devices in the first few days of festive sales. It also announced crossing its benchmark sales of over 3.8 million smartphones, over 500,000 Mi TVs and over 400,000 Mi Ecosystem products and accessories being sold.